COVID-19 NOTICE: #UDcares about our community, your safety and most of all we care about supporting each other while we all go through this together. We are working hard to keep our UD family connected while following the guidelines necessary to keep us ALL safe.
Please check these steps to see how to keep yourself and UD buddies safe at our events.
- Check-In with Host: Before the start of each event, make sure to meet with your host to check in, get temperature checked, and be given hand sanitizer
- Space Out and Mask Up: Make sure to stay 6 feet apart at each event. Bring a face covering with you or you will be asked to leave the event. You can also purchase a face mask from your host, just let them know!
- Feeling Sick?: If you experience any flu-like symptoms two weeks leading up to the event please contact email@example.com
- Feedback: Our staff appreciates any feedback on how we can improve future events to keep everyone safe. Feel free to share your thoughts with your host!
Paella Feast... On the Beach!
It's a perfect beach feast to cook and enjoy with lots of friends, let's pretend we're at a Spanish beach for the night!
Come enjoy a nice winter sunset, beach bonfire, and Paella feast with your fellow UD friends :)
We'll prepare all of the food for you while you sit back and stare into the flames, enjoying your cold beverage and listening to the waves crashing in the background. After we chow down, we'll hang out, enjoy the company and fire! Come for the bonfire or come for the food, either way, there's good times to be had at the beach!
What is Paella:
Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia. Paella is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine. It's a rice dish that can have meat, fish, seafood, and vegetables and is characterized by its use of saffron to give it a yellow color and unique flavor. After cooking paella, there may be a layer of roasted rice at the bottom of the pan, called socarrat in Valencià. The layer develops on its own if the paella is cooked over a burner or open fire. This is traditionally considered positive (as long as it is not scorched) and Valencia natives enjoy eating it.
Why you should love it:
Because it is an amazing one pan dish bursting with flavors from Spain! Duh.
- PAELLA FEAST
- *Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, paella is typically made with shell fish and meat.*
- We are bringing a few beach games to share, but if you have some please bring them! The more the merrier!
- Happy group of people chilling on the beach with new and old friends.
- Some sweet treats, other yummy snacks, and drinks
- We will be on the beach until they kick us off!
- Beach Permit if required
- A full evening of music and fun
What to bring:
- Something to sit on Blanket, Chair (Beach or camping)
- A warm blanket
- Clothes to keep you warm. Dress in Layers!!!
- BYOB (NO GLASS PLEASE)
- Bonfire Wood, if you have any leftovers :)
- Fun beach games to share with your UD friends!
Weather & Sunset: