COVID-19 NOTICE: #UDcares about our community, your safety and most of all we care about supporting each other while we all go through this together. We are working hard to keep our UD family connected while following the guidelines necessary to keep us ALL safe.
Please check these steps to see how to keep yourself and UD buddies safe at our events.
- Check-In with Host: Before the start of each event, make sure to meet with your host to check in, get temperature checked, and be given hand sanitizer
- Space Out and Mask Up: Make sure to stay 6 feet apart at each event. Bring a face covering with you or you will be asked to leave the event. You can also purchase a face mask from your host, just let them know!
- Feeling Sick?: If you experience any flu-like symptoms two weeks leading up to the event please contact email@example.com
- Feedback: Our staff appreciates any feedback on how we can improve future events to keep everyone safe. Feel free to share your thoughts with your host!
Spaced out Hike at Muir Woods & Beach Bonfire
Join UD on a Scenic Hike through Muir Woods in the heart of the Redwood Forest, ending the day at Muir Beach where we will enjoy the warmth of a bonfire with the waves in the background at sunset :)
The heart of the Redwood Forest, the majestic nature and your UD friends all included!
What to expect: Pine needles crunching underfoot, you trudge along a trail up yet another steep hill in Muir Woods. You stop to wipe the sweat collecting on your forehead when suddenly your overheated brain spots our spot. A perfect viewing area to relax and break for an amazing lunch.
Hike Details: Intermediate. the trail can be fairly steep. About 7 miles Round Trip.
(From Muir Woods Visitor Center) We will follow the Ben Johnson Trail in Muir Woods National Monument then right onto the Stapelveldt and Troop 80 trails. We will rise up to the Panoramic Highway and trail and find a sweet spot for lunch. We then continue until we turn off onto the Redwood Trail, a level path that curves around the canyons, maintaining an elevation of 800 feet. We will catch the breath-taking views of the Pacific Ocean and Muir Woods.
After, we will drive down to Muir Beach and enjoy a nice bonfire to wind down the exhilarating day.
- Charming Host for the Day
- Guided Hike across 3 Popular Muir Woods Trails
- We will bring a few snacks, but due to increasing COVID numbers we are trying to maintain a higher level of health and safety, so please pack your own lunch!!
- A sweet bonfire set up on the beach afterwards with as special treat ;)
Attire: Layers, appropriate shoes for hiking, plenty of sunscreen and water!!
AS SOON AS YOU REGISTER, YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR PARKING SPOT ASAP. SPOTS FILL UP FAST AND THEY AREN'T RUNNING THE SHUTTLE DURING COVID.
Here's the link to reserve your parking spot: https://gomuirwoods.com/