COVID-19 NOTICE: #UDcares about our community, your safety and most of all we care about supporting each other while we all go through this together. We are working hard to keep our UD family connected while following the guidelines necessary to keep us ALL safe.
Please check these steps to see how to keep yourself and UD buddies safe at our events.
- Check-In with Host: Before the start of each event, make sure to meet with your host to check in, get temperature checked, and be given hand sanitizer
- Space Out and Mask Up: Make sure to stay 6 feet apart at each event. Bring a face covering with you or you will be asked to leave the event. You can also purchase a face mask from your host, just let them know!
- Feeling Sick?: If you experience any flu-like symptoms two weeks leading up to the event please contact email@example.com
- Feedback: Our staff appreciates any feedback on how we can improve future events to keep everyone safe. Feel free to share your thoughts with your host!
Big Hike Sunday: Mt Diablo Flower Fields!
It's like walking on a Technicolor carpet of flora and fauna... more colors than a box of crayons....
like a meadow of rainbows.... like Van Gogh painted the hills himself....
well, you get the idea.
It's a fantastic hike to one of the East Bay's most famous vantage points AND it's an amazing opportunity to take some pretty sweet pictures!
Why you should do this hike:
The colors only last a few days of the year and they are gone...spring is gone in a split second in the Bay Area, so don't miss out on the magnificent beauty while you can get it. Additionally, this hike offers SUPERB views of Mt. Lassen, the Santa Cruz Mountains, the Sierra's and the gorgeous Farallon Islands in the Pacific. They say that this Mt. Diablo hike packs more AMAZING PUNCH than any other Bay Area hike due to the stunning views...so why not judge for yourself and join us!!
The Hike: This trail has just about everything the mountain park has to offer: Cool caves, rocks, lush wildflower-strewn meadows, narrow canyons, magnificent groves of Coulter pines, and endless sun-swept panoramas. The two trials we will take roughly add up to 6.2 mile round trip. This hike is rated as moderate.
Curious about the trails we are taking?
Add yourself to the watchlist!
We will be taking plenty of breaks and we will enjoy snacks so that we will really get the chance to soak up the scenery.
- Fun & spunky host for the day
- Yummy trail snacks / water
- A great day out with incredible views
*does not include the $10 parking fee! carpool, carpool, carpool
*Please bring your own lunch and extra water. You will need a minimum of 1 quart every 2 hrs!
Attire: We strongly recommend that you wear hiking boots on this trail and suggest that you wear sunblock. Make sure to bring your own water! As always, don't forget your mask!
Please bring a back pack to carry your snacks, lunch and water.