METEOR SHOWER HIKE to Kirby Cove
Have you ever seen a METEOR SHOWER before?
Come join UD for our METEOR SHOWER HIKE!
Let's hike down to the beach and appreciate the sweeping view of San Francisco!
Join UD for a night hike for an evening of meteor showers!
Shooting stars, hike, yummy surprise treats with the best view in San Francisco.
What to Expect:
We will hike out to the Kirby Cove for the secret view of San Francisco.
Before the hike, we will meet up at a beautiful place where we can enjoy the view of city, then we will walk down towards Kirby Cove.
From the meeting location, we will hike up for the sweeping views of SF! At the cove, we will enjoy the evening with meteor showers!
The hike itself is beautiful and very short (about 1.5 mile one way).
April 21, 2021, nightfall and evening, the Lyrids
The Lyrids are a medium strength shower that usually produces good rates for three nights centered on the maximum. These meteors also usually lack persistent trains but can produce fireballs. These meteors are best seen from the northern hemisphere where the radiant is high in the sky at dawn. Activity from this shower can be seen from the southern hemisphere, but at a lower rate.
In 2021, The Lyrids will next peak on the Apr 21-22, 2021 night. On this night, the moon will be 68% full.
Source: American Meteor Society
Come early and socialize: we are officially starting at 7.00pm... Come find us at the meeting location so you can get to meet other members!
The Hike: We will probably head out at around 7:20 ish (there is no hurry, the show will be all night) . We will be setup on beach, relax and enjoy the night sky
- A great spot to watch the meteor shower
- Snacks, and a yummy surprise ;)
- UD hosts (and some sparkle)
What to bring:
- Blankets to sit on or small chairs
- Dress warm...
Attire: Casual, comfortable. Layers! BRING WARM CLOTHING!! IT CAN GET COLD
Have your own flashlights or fun LED lights? Bring them!
COVID-19 NOTICE: #UDcares about our community, your safety and most of all we care about supporting each other while we all go through this together. We are working hard to keep our UD family connected while following the guidelines necessary to keep us ALL safe.
Please check these steps to see how to keep yourself and UD buddies safe at our events.
- Check-In with Host: Before the start of each event, make sure to meet with your host to check in, get temperature checked, and be given hand sanitizer
- Space Out and Mask Up: Make sure to stay 6 feet apart at each event. Bring a face covering with you or you will be asked to leave the event. You can also purchase a face mask from your host, just let them know!
- Feeling Sick?: If you experience any flu-like symptoms two weeks leading up to the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: Our staff appreciates any feedback on how we can improve future events to keep everyone safe. Feel free to share your thoughts with your host!