M I X O L O G Y C L A S S
You know those cocktails that you love sipping on at the bar? Now is your chance to be on the other side of the bar and learn exactly what goes into the glass!
What to expect:
A socially-distanced mixology course in the backyard of the UD Clubhouse! Temperatures will be checked, gloves will be worn by all attendees during drink-making, & masks will be worn at all times(except when drinking of course). Sam will slowly work through each cocktail, ensuring you get the maximum experience out of the event! Once we have a bit of booze in our tummies, pizza will arrive to give us the food cushion we need to remain responsible drinkers! Sounds like a blast!
You'll learn how to pour, the secrets you need for mixing, how to balance all the flavors, how to garnish your cocktails and all the super top secret tips of a pro drink slinger!
The 3 cocktails we are going to learn are:
1. Classic Old Fashioned - This drink is an absolute staple of cocktail making, and in Sam's opinion, stemming from his Midwestern roots, a MUST-KNOW for all family gatherings. Surprise your fun uncle Bob with a deliciously mixed Old Fashioned at the next Christmas event. A healthy mix of smokey and fruity flavors will have you wishing you knew how to make this sooner.
2. Blueberry Mojito - You might be thinking... really? A mojito? But... have you had it with blueberry?! Sam's favorite twist to his mojitos will surely be a game-changer for you moving forward. This fruit-forward drink will sweeten your taste buds and give you a refreshing palate cleanser.
3. Mezcal Mule - For all of you tequila lovers out there, this one might be a bit more interesting. Mezcal is like Tequila's 2nd cousin, with a much smokier taste. The smokier aroma of Mezcal pushes a classic Moscow Mule in a much more flavorful direction, and keeps you asking for more.
While some of these cocktails might seem simple, we believe they're absolute staples of the cocktail-making world, and thus, we think you should learn them! If you'd like to add your own twist, or complicate things for yourself, feel free to bring a few added ingredients to spice things up ;)
- A welcome drink to get your creative juices flowing
- Mixology class by an awesome UD host
- All ingredients for 3 different cocktails!
- Pizza and snacks
- Hands on learning
- An awesome professional bartender host
- A great evening with new and old friends
-Casual, wear those clothes that you would wear for cooking. Girls should wear a hair tie or make a hair bun!
-WEAR YOUR MASK.
-Dress warm, we will be making these outside during January. Expect temperatures in the 50's.